Securing network and information systems in the European Union are essential to keeping the online economy running and to ensure prosperity. The European Union works on a number of fronts to promote cyber resilience. The aim is to raise awareness of cybersecurity threats, promote cybersecurity among citizens and organizations; and provide resources to protect themselves online, through education and sharing of good practices.
Cyber security is becoming an increasingly important factor in protecting critical infrastructure. New technologies such as 5G networks, artificial intelligence, drones, etc. are becoming more widely available and, as such, are being used in many industries but are also a threat to the same industry. At the same time, new technologies and advances in the IT industry are emerging and can advance or completely replace current methods.
In addition to improving business processes, new technologies can also become a threat, if to security is not given sufficient attention, especially when it comes to 5G networks and artificial intelligence. We are witnessing that new types of critical infrastructure vulnerabilities are emerging every day and are exploited by sophisticated cyber-attacks.
Within the framework of the international conference, a scientific and professional program will be organized through the opening ceremony, numerous lectures by top experts and Meet&Greet events for distinguished guests from home and abroad. It will present an excellent opportunity for academia to meet and discuss today’s research novelties with companies dealing with these issues on daily basis. To make it easier to find the right partners, all participants will be able to use matchmaking application.
The participants will be presented with a number of selected current topics and papers in the form of presentations and the opportunity to comment them with the authors. The conference will include an expert program focusing on the presentation of available commercial tools and software solutions designed to protect critical infrastructure. Through a series of exhibit booths, poster presentations and perhaps an interactive workshop, conference attendees will gain insights into how to improve critical infrastructure security using new scientific methods and specialized tools.
This conference is intended for both scientists and experts in the field of critical infrastructure protection, cyber security, information and communication technologies, crisis management, security and risk management, and other experts in the field.
The thematic framework of the conference covers the following research areas:
- The challenges and advantages of 5G in protection critical infrastructure;
- Cyber security in context of terrorism, threats and solutions;
- Artificial intelligence (AI) in protection of critical infrastructure;
- Cyber security and critical infrastructure in general (transport, energy, health, etc.);
- Detection, evaluation, neutralisation and investigation of rogue drones;
- State- sponsored operations in cyber-attacks on critical infrastructure;
- Vulnerability disclosure;
- The role of international organisations, states and non-state actors in critical infrastructure;
- Cross-border dependencies in critical infrastructure;
- Norms and standards to enhance security of critical infrastructure;
- Situational awareness and security metrics;
- Investigation and digital forensics;
- New technologies for protection of critical infrastructure;
- Cyber terrorism and cyber crime.
The working language of the conference is English.
Selected scientific papers will be published in international scientific journal Annals of Disaster Risk Sciences and selected expert papers will be published in one dedicated conference proceedings.
Please see Call for Papers on the following link: https://easychair.org/cfp/CYSEC2020
A preliminary program will be available soon.